If you are a woman or minority owned business, doing business with federal, state and local governments is an excellent opportunity to grow your business.
Those opportunities require businesses certification which you can apply for using one of the certifying agencies below.
The Enterprise Center provides Minority, Women, and/or Disabled Business Enterprise (M/W/DSBE) certification services for the City of Philadelphia's Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO). City departments give priority to businesses in the OEO registry when purchasing goods and services.
Contact the Enterprise Center to learn more and inquire about their other programs related to bidding and contracts.
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) (DBE certification is done on a state by state basis. This link is for Pennsylvania ONLY.) If you are interested in gaining your DBE certification in other states please see below for Delaware, New Jersey and Maryland/DC and eligibility requirements.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) Certification For Veterans Affairs (VA) Certification for businesses owned and controlled by veterans.
- NJ Department of the Treasury, Division of Revenue, Business Support Services Bureau
- NJ Transit, Office of Business Development
- NJ Department of Transportation, Disadvantaged and Small Business Program Unit
Washington DC, MD, and VA